Thursday, June 16, 2011

Until we meet again... RIP Grandma Liz

Over the Memorial weekend my great grandmother passed away.  Her health has not been the best for quite some time now.  She was 94 years old, and diagnosed with a cancerous tumor on her pancreas.  She chose not to go through any treatments.  She passed away peacefully, in her sleep on May 30, 2011 (Memorial Day).  I wish I were able to visit with her one last time.  We were actually wanting to plan a trip out to Chicago to visit her before she passed, unfortunately we could not get there soon enough & ended up going to Chicago for her funeral instead.  I am just glad that the last conversation I had with her she sounded better than she had in a long time.  I got to tell her how much I loved & missed her.
I had not seen my grandma since she lived in California with my parents.  So, about 5 years ago.  We would talk on the phone frequently & she always caught me up on what was going on in her life & vise-versa.  When I got married, almost 2yrs ago, my grandma told me how badly she wanted to attend and how happy she was for Dave & I.  However, due to her health, she was on oxygen & unable to fly out to Utah for it.  We put together some photos on a digital frame & sent it to her, since pictures were the next best thing to actually being there.
We miss & love you Grandma Liz!  Until we meet again...

2 comments:

  1. again, i'm sorry about your grandma myst. grandmas are precious and i know how much you loved yours. please let me know if i can do anything for you. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your Grandma!! If you need anything let me know ok!!

    ReplyDelete